Find a Farm
- Real Christmas trees are an
all-American product, grown in all 50 states, including
Alaska and Hawaii. Most artificial trees are manufactured
in Korea, Taiwan, or Hong Kong.
- Real trees are a renewable,
recyclable resource. Artificial trees contain non-biodegradable
plastics and metals.
- For every real Christmas tree
harvested, 2 to 3 seedlings are planted in its place.
- There are about 1 million acres
in production for growing Christmas trees. Each
acre provides the daily oxygen requirements of 18
- There are about 15,000 Christmas
tree growers in the U.S., and over 100,000 people
employed full or part time in the industry.
- There are approximately 100
choose and harvest farms in the Iowa.
- It can take as many as 15 years
to grow a tree of average retail sale height (6
feet), but the average growing time in 7 years.
- The top selling Christmas trees
in Iowa are: Scotch Pine and White Pine.